This has been a highly anticipated post for me to publish because I have been collecting a bunch of information the past few weeks to share with all of you. Each place I have written about I actually visited. I didn’t want to write about places I have not been to because most of these are reviews or recommendations, so enjoy!
If you don’t know this area of London already, quick lowdown, it has a big art presence. It’s the center of fashion, music, and street art and there is not a boring wall in this city.
Eats: All of these places are great and I recommend each & everyone of them, so if you find yourself in this area you should definitely check them out… maybe not all at once.
- Red’s True Barbecue – Being from Texas, I do miss BBQ food and when living in London it can be difficult to find. This restaurant has some great authenticity as well as a great atmosphere. If you happen to find yourself here make sure to order St.Louis ribs or brisket and try their chocolate shake or the root beer float. Also, they have cornbread… if you’re into that. SO GOOD!
- Busaba Eathai – I have had this a few times catered for work and I finally found myself in the restaurant last week. The restaurant is really nice and open and on nice days they open all the windows. You can’t go wrong when ordering here but I recommend the thai calamari & the pandan chicken. They are my favorite but so are their veggie plates & the pad thai.
- MEATmission – This restaurant is a bit hidden off of Old Street & I think it used to be a church. The inside is fun & different and this place has some seriously good food. I didn’t have a regular beef burger, but I did have the Dirty Chicken Cheeseburger and man was that awesome. Note: Don’t forget to order fries!
- White Rabbit Cafe – This place is also off of one of the main roads in it’s own little cul-de-sac. This cafe is so cute and also doubles as a studio. Their lunch menu is full of healthy options like avocado & salmon sandwiches and feta & pomegranate salads.
- Dum Dum Donutterie at BoxPark – For some reason there is not a place in London with regular donuts and this place is the closest to what I was looking for. They have great doughnuts that are baked and not fried. Most do come with filling and are pretty fancy. We tried the Galaxy, Blueberry, Happy Glaze, Zebra, Nutella, and Salted Carmel. The Galaxy was definitely my favorite!
- Beigel Bake on Brick Lane – This place is open 24 hours and is seriously the best late night snack after drinks or being out at night. They are known for their salted beef bagels but just having a classic cream cheese and bagel is the best!
- Drinks – This is also a great area to chill and get some drinks with some friends so here are some places I like to go to.
- The Magic Roundabout/Old Street Tube Station
- The Book Club
- Monty’s Bar
- Kick: This place is filled with foosball tables.
- The Cornershop
- Brick Lane Market – Each Sunday, Brick Lane turns into such a diverse and exciting area to go through. There are a lot of food tents and well as different kinds of shops. What caught my eye the most were all the vintage clothing stores and stops. If you are a vintage head this is your kinda place. Also, I bought some lovely homemade beauty items, which I reviewed in my Beauty Buys post.
- Boxpark Shoreditch – If you are walking down Shoreditch High Street you will find this building full of pop-up shops. I fell in love with Decorum and Pea Style, which are hold mostly home accessories. I did buy some great earrings and a beautifully simple ring at Pea Style, which are my new obsessions. I also suggest the Soft Serve Society, Imarni Nails, Nordic Poetry, and The Makery as places/ shops to check out.
Walks: This is such a great area to walk around and each road has so many treasures to find. Here are the main and most popular roads that are best for this. Note: Don’t be afraid to stray from these.
- Brick Lane
- Old Street
- Great Eastern Street
- Shoreditch Highstreet
Hope you all enjoyed this post. Let me know if you have visited any of these places or if have some other great spot in Shoreditch. I would love to hear about it. Vaarwel!
Peace + Love ❤